I’m a college student. Which means I don’t have that much money to pay for food each week. Especially when I’m going to Europe for spring break. I typically spend $20-$30 a week on food. For the entire week. I do have some staple foods that is already in the pantry. So this week I had a container of oatmeal already in the pantry (thanks mom.) But for the most part I eat what I buy each week.
- Rice: I typially buy a box of rice that costs $3. This box will last me the week.
- Beans: Cans of beans typically cost $0.89 per can.
- Vegetables: I always buy some sort of potato. Whether that is yams (a little more expensive) or red/white potatoes (the cheaper option). Then the other vegetables are whatever is on sale or is the cheapest. Sometimes that’s fresh green beans, zucchini, broccoli.
- Fruit: Oranges have been on sale where I live. So a lot of oranges. Apples tend to be relatively inexpensive too. When blueberries or blackberries are on sale I will buy those too.
- Peanut butter: A weekly staple.
- Juice of some kind: lemonade, orange juice.
- Plant based milk: I only use it to make oatmeal or to cook so one container of milk lasts me two weeks. Either almond milk or soy milk. I also like cashew milk but I haven’t been able to find larger containers of it, only the smaller containers.