I have about three weeks until this quarter is over. Finally!! Overall this quarter has been easier, in terms of classes and assignments. In terms of anxiety, it’s been about the same or a bit worse at times. There is those points where all I want to do is sleep and watch Serlock on Netflix. (I finished the 3rd season so I have to wait for more episodes.) It’s not that I’m lazy, I just don’t have the energy or motivation to do anything. Also eating have been an issue. I get times where I’m not hungry and could go through the day without eating but I force myself to eat.
Yourself as your biggest enemy is the worst. Because you can’t get away. I mean if your biggest enemy was a different person then you can avoid them. But you can’t avoid yourself. You can’t avoid your thoughts.
You could with alcohol or drugs, but I wouldn’t advise it. I’m way too concerned about my health to even try them. Although I am old enough to drink. I don’t think that alcohol or drugs are good for your body or your mental health. They make things a lot worse. (A little PSA.)
Tips I’ve Learned:
- Give yourself time to do something you love. For me it’s being by myself watching Netflix, being on Pinterest, or reading a book/article.
- Treat yo-self. (Me trying and failing to be cool). As long as it is vegan, I will eat it. I try to avoid oil for the most part but sometimes a girl needs chocolate cupcakes. Or chocolate cashew milk.
- Find someone to talk to. Whether it’s good friends, your parents, a significant other. Someone you are sure they aren’t going to spread things about you. For me it’s my mom and the life house.
- Solid spiritual life. Going to Mass on Sundays and other random days out of the week has helped a lot. Maybe it’s getting Jesus in the form of the Eucharist (most amazing thing about my Catholic faith), or the time to reflect on the week/day.
- Get out of your comfort zone. Do something you wouldn’t normally do. Unless it’s drugs, illegal or going to kill/harm you, then don’t.
- Write, write, write. I may be bias since I want to become an author someday but writing whether it’s a journal, blog, a script, a novel or a short story.