So I’ve been vegetarian for almost two years and vegan for almost 6 months already. It feels like just yesterday I made the decision (after much research) to become vegetarian/vegan.
There are a lot of positive things healthwise as well as in my life that I’ve seen especially after becoming vegan. Most in the past 6 months.
1. My love for animals can be justified and I don’t feel guilty every time I eat. Somehow deep down I knew that it was wrong but I kept eating it anyways, because that was what I was fed growing up. (I’m in no way blaming my parents or anyone else. It’s more society’s fault and its “logic”.)
2. I’m not constipated anymore (TMI I know). Although going to the bathroom a lot can have its downsides.
3. I’m drinking/eating more water without even trying very hard.
4. Overall I feel like I’ve got more control over my anxiety. Not entirely sure if my diet has anything to do with it but it might. I’m more able to talk to people and do things while keeping it in check. Well sort of, presenting in front of people isn’t something that I’ve gotten better at. If you saw my presentation today, you’d understand.
5. I feel happier. Also not sure if my diet has anything to do with that either. But the thought of doing something good for my body, for the planet and for the animals, have really helped with my overall mood.
6. I can eat as much as I want and not feel bloated or guilty. Sometimes I do drink some pop, i.e. today, but in most days I eat whole plant foods. Also learning that it isn’t the random time you have pop or the random time you are craving chocolate (vegan of course), it’s what you do most of the time that counts. Learning that has helped me be able to not feel guilty and bad about myself when I drink a glass of pop once a month or so, or I eat some skittles or chocolate when that time of month comes along.